[Catalysing innovation and entrepreneurship unlocking the potential of emerging production and business models] who will assist in the execution of some of the deliverables of the project.
– Assisting in developing a series of workshops that focus on interdisciplinary practices (digital arts, social concerns, technology/maker spaces)
– Delivering workshops (with a focus on inter-disciplinarity)
– Assisting in the programming of events
– Participating in the development of prototypes- Interacting with participants, helping them learn new skills – Building in-house projects and mentoring participant projects- – Exploring new domains to learn from computer programming to 3D printing etc.
– Drafting reports
Master’s degree plus five years or more hands-on experience in developing hackerspaces/makerspaces with a social focus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Industrial Experience on the web and mobile applications and their respective architecture.
– Skills: Programming, Electronic Engineering, Embedded Systems, Design Thinking, Artificial Intelligence, Communication Skills, Teaching / Instruction, 3D Modeling, Product Design, Arduino and raspberry pi programming.
– Be able to work in a team environment and assist in prototype development.
– Active contribution and participation in the FOSS community
– Artificial Intelligence. Knowledge towards implementing and understanding of state-of-the-art machine learning approaches (e.g. Neural Nets). Classifier models and recommendation systems.
– An interest in the arts.
– Must have excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
– Must have a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, OpenSource Software).
– Must have an interest to learn major 3D design software as well as other software used in typical Maker Space environments.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well within a collaborative environment and in an inter-disciplinary manner.
- The position is not for a full-time or part-time position but supposes employment for specific deliverables of the project.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviours based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies