INtelligent platform for providing STaffing ANd Training in the Hotel Industry
“INtelligent platform for providing STaffing ANd Training in the Hotel Industry (INSTANT)” is a co-funded project by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Cyprus through the RIF, which was submitted under the RESTART 2016 – 2020 Programme.
INSTANT seeks to provide practical and innovative solutions for the hotel sector through development of a specialized online ICT platform, by conducting industry-based research on hotels in Cyprus to identify the causal factors behind the reduced human capital intake, low employment retention and low-quality of services provision in Cyprus, commonly known as the “hotel staffing problem”.
The objective of INSTANT project is to reflect the findings of the research in the development of an online (ICT) platform and active contribution and collaboration of the project’s partners in their respective expertise. The development of the ICT platform will focus on 3 pillars :
- (i) employment,
- (ii) vocational training,
- (iii) integration & mobility (including accommodation).
With the main target group being hotel candidate employees, the platform aims at enabling easy job finding in hotels, at making easily available specialized (online and on site) trainings for the hotel industry and at facilitating mobility and integration into the country. With such integrated solution it will address the hotel staffing problem at its core and produce tangible results with a positive impact on economic growth and social welfare.
Furthermore, INSTANT aims at enhancing:
- Research; through having collaborative research with tourism specialized academics, cooperating with labor industry researchers, HR professionals with the network and practical experience to achieve a successful and relevant industrial research as well as ICT academics and practitioners.
- Technology Development; through the creation of a gateway platform merging different ICT technologies and varied platforms.
- Innovation; through introducing a new all-encompassing model of enhancing tourism services and its targeted implementation in the industry in real time. It optimizes the organization system managing the recruitment, training and integration/mobility of tourism providers thus enhancing and promoting the Tourism Product. It creates a level playing field for training hotel employees; basic standards of professional hospitality for anyone interested in becoming a hotel employee in Cyprus, will be provided and be accessible from all around the world.
- Prountzos & Prountzos LLC
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Deputy Ministry for Tourism
- Cyprus Hotel Association
- Digital Tree
- Tabs and Spaces
- Ernst & Young
- Open University Cyprus
CoordinatorPrountzos & Prountzos LLC
European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Cyprus through the RIF, which was submitted under the RESTART 2016 - 2020 Programme.
Ms Yianna Orphanidou and Dr Leonidas Efthymiou
Role of UNRF: