The project “Citizens’ Reflection on Future of EUrope” (FuturEU) explores the themes of Social Europe, globalization and migration, economic and monetary union, EU finances, EU defense, digital Europe and youth following the publication of the White Paper for the Future of Europe. By organizing local forums (Citizens’ Advisory Councils), the project allows citizens of 8 European cities to discuss and exchange views on how the above-mentioned policy fields influence the local and regional social environment in which citizens live. The results of those reflective and interactive discussions will be publicly presented with local, national and European policy- makers. The citizens’ forums will be accompanied by number of local exhibitions, Facebook competition, study visit, story-telling session, solidarity actions, street festival (Schuman Parade) in Warsaw that will involve also young people and EVS volunteers. By involving directly 910 citizens and indirectly over 8000, allowing them to meaningfully relate European policies to their social life and reality, the project intends to stimulate an informed public debate about benefits and challenges in major EU policy fields and its future.
The project adopts the perspective of belonging to a European family which their members have to learn to live together and interact, participate and construct common values and principles towards a stronger and more united Europe.
- encourage the development of long-lasting networking between organisations active in the field of societal engagement and volunteering at Union level;
- promote equal opportunities, non-discrimination principle and intercultural dialogue;
- contribute to the citizens’ understanding of the EU, its history and diversity.
- foster European citizenship and encouraging tolerance, mutual understanding and democratic participation of citizens at EU level;
- European Information Centre (Leading Organization)
- Fundacion Atius (Partner)
- Polska Fundacja Schumana (PFRS) (Partner)
- BIDA e.V.Kultur and Bildung (Partner)
- Europski Dom Slavonski Brod (EHSB) (Partner)
- Erevnitiko Idrima P.L. Limited (Partner)
- Change it! (Partner)
- Fondazione Caritas Ambrosiana (FCA) (Partner)
European Information Centre
The Member States of the European Union have decided to link together their know-how, resources and destinies. Together, they have built a zone of stability, democracy and sustainable development whilst maintaining cultural diversity, tolerance and individual freedoms. The European Union is committed to sharing its achievements and its values with countries and peoples beyond its borders. This webpage was created and maintained with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of UNRF and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.